In episode 8 of the Nottinghamshire LMC Podcast, we speak with Cambridgeshire LMC Chief Executive and LMC UK Conference Chair Dr Katie Bramall-Stainer about the national ‘Rebuilding General Practice’ campaign commissioned by the BMA General Practitioners Committee and GP Défense Fund.
We discuss the purpose of the campaign, outcomes so far and the pivotal role Local Medical Committees (LMCs) and GP practice staff must play in highlighting systemic issues affecting general practice today if the profession is to achieve real legislative change.
- Introduction to campaign and Katie Bramall-Stainer – ends at 3m 20s
- Rebuild General Practice and the issues plaguing the profession – ends at 7m 24s
- Outcomes from the 'Rebuild General Practice' campaign and its effect in restoring patient safety – ends at 13m 54s
- The importance of LMC engagement in carrying the cause forward and Levelling-up – ends at 20m 59s
- How this national campaign can impact change – ends at 26m 28s
- What GP practices can do to achieve quick wins whilst pushing for change – ends at 31m 16s
- How to reach Katie and support the ‘Rebuild General Practice’ campaign – ends at 32m 19s
- Final Call to action and outro – ends at 34m 35s
Find out about the rebuild General Practice campaign by visiting their website.
Your support is integral to rebuilding general practice and securing the safety of patients across the UK.